The Privateers Club
Brothers Greg and Mike Huckle opened Pirates Steakhouse & Pub on the second of October 1990. Their motto was ‘A HAPPY CUSTOMER ALWAYS COMES BACK’. Greg says that although they struggled in the beginning, they have continued to stand by their motto and ensure that their customers are happy – and it is this that has made the business the success it is today. Shortly after opening, Greg married Julie, an experienced restaurateur , who joined him in the running of the business. Together, with a dedicated group of staff members, they have built a formidable
team that is committed to giving their customers the high standard of service that they deserve.
In August 1992, Greg and Julie launched a unique Pirates Dining Club for the benefit of their regular patrons. From the very beginning, Pirates Dining Club proved to be a tremendous success and we would like ot take this opportunity to invite you to become a member.
Pirates Dining Club was formed for a number of reasons:
- To create camaraderie amongst our friends and regular patron.
- To offer decent folk the opportunity to enjoy good food, drink, conversation and entertainment, in a comfortable and relaxed environment at affordable prices.
- To enable us to offer something back to those patrons who give us their continued support and who appreciate the high standards we strive to maintain.
Club Members enjoy the following benefits:
- A variety of monthly dining specials available to both you and your guests.
- Privateers Club Prices for local beers, ciders, wine by the glass and spirits are discounted by approximately 20% from the normal selling price. Club prices are available in both the pub and the restaurant .
- A Pirates meal voucher to the value of R100, valid on the day of your birthday.
This is our ‘Thank You’ to you for all your support throughout the year.
- As a Club Member you will receive a Pirates Club Card and the quarterly Club Newsletter, The Privateer, giving you details of the monthly dining specials, our live music round-up and any other news updates.
To become a Member of this unique Pirates Dining Club, all you need to do is complete an
application form, hand it in with your initial membership fee of R50.00 to your waitress, hostess or
Alternatively you can fill in the email form to the right and pay the fee the next time you are in store. Or you can download the form here, print it and complete it at home and bring it with you next time you visit a branch.
Your membership can be renewed annually for R25.00.
If you are already a member, for each new member you recommend you get 3 months free membership.
Become a Member Now!
- I accept that all rules, conditions & benefits relating to Pirates Dining Club can be changed at any time by Pirates management.
- I accept that my membership of the club can be revoked at any time by Pirates Management and if this happens I will not receive a refund.
- I will pay my application fee via EFT / bank draft / or cash in store and realise my membership appication will not be considered until this is received. The R50.00 fee is not refundable at any time, even if the membership application is not successful.